Sparsholt, Winchester Hampshire SO21 2LT
Tel: 01962 863588 Fax: 01962 776672
(For prices, availability and booking, press)
This elegant William and May
house, built in the 17th century, is situated on the outskirts of the
historic city of Winchester. Set in 63 acres of Hampshire
countryside, the house retains many original features that add to the
warm and welcoming atmosphere created by the friendly and long-serving staff &endash; a delightful home-from-home.
- 38 bedrooms, each with its own individual charm, ensure a
feeling of warmth, comfort and privacy.
- The Drawing room and Cedar room, with delightful views along
Lainston's splendid avenue of limes, are perfect places to enjoy afternoon tea or a pre-dinner drink. Three versatile meeting rooms are conducive to private meetings, special events, elegant dinners and family occasions &endash; all graciously arranged on a grand
or intimate scale.
- Traditional country pursuits are available including
clay-pigeon shooting, fishing on the world-renowned rive Test.
- All-weather tennis, boules and croquet can be enjoyed in the
magnificent hotel grounds.
- Chauffeur-driven limousines can be arranged and a helipad is available.
- Two-and-a &endash;half miles from the cathedral city of
Winchester with its many interesting and historic places to visit.
- Winchester rail station (London-Waterloo in 60 minutes) is a
ten minute drive away. Heathrow Airport is 55 minutes' drive away, Gatwick 90 minutes and Southampton 30 minutes.
- Ideal for embarking and disembarking the QE2 &endash; only 30
minutes' drive away.
more information on prices, availability and to book, please