Prince Rupert Hotel
Butcher Row Shrewsbury Shropshire SY1 1UQ
Tel: 01743 499955 Fax: 01743 357306
For prices, availability and booking, press
Situated in the heart of medieval
Shrewsbury, The Prince Rupert is firmly established as the town's finest hotel. The former home of Prince Rupert, the grandson of King
James I, it conbines old-world charm with modern facilities and it is an oasis of tranquility in the centre of town. Surrounded by
cobblestone streets and Tudor buildings, The Prince Rupert is
perfectly located to explore all the town's attractions that are just
a few minutes walk away.
- Sixty-nine en-suite tastefully refurbished bedrooms including
15th century beamed suites, four-poster canopied beds and deluxe
rooms. All have television, trouser press and welcome trays.
- The elegant Cavalier Restaurant is renowned for its fine
dining for lunch and dinner serving a la carte and table d'hote
menus. Morning coffee, light lunches and afternoon teas are available in the main lounge every day.
- Guests requiring a more relaxed style of dining may wish to
visit La Trattoria Restaurant seving superb Italian cuisine.
- Chambers restaurant, newly opened in October 1997 offers an interesting and varied menu in the historical setting of one of
Shrewsbury's oldest buildings.
- The oak-panelled Rupert Lounge is perfect for private dining
or meetings up to 20 people, and the larger Darwin suite which can
be separated into two rooms, can accommodate up to 120 people.
- Valet parking is provided for all guests.
more information on prices, availability and to book, please
The River Severn set in the scenic Quarry Park.