The Spread Eagle Hotel and Health Spa
South Street Midhurst West Sussex GU29 9NH
Tel: 01730 816911 Fax: 01730 815668
For prices, availability and booking, press
Originally a coaching inn, this famous and historic hotel &endash; one of England's oldest &endash;
has been welcoming guests since 1430. The relaxed and friendly atmosphere has ensured the return of many guests again and again and
will continue to do so for centuries to come.
- Each of the 39 traditional bedrooms is individually decorated and charmingly furnished and several have superb four-poster beds.
- Located in the lovely town on Midhurst, the Spread Eagle Hotel is the perfect place from which to discover this beautiful part of
- The hotel boasts many interesting and historic features including Tudor bread ovens, a faxcinating wig closet and Flemish
stained-glass windows dating back to 1625.
- The candlelit restaurant offers innovative European cookery and a wonderful selection of wines.
- The hotels magnificent Jacobean Hall is the perfect place for
weddings, banquets and business meetings.
- The old town of Petworth, antique centre of the south, is
close by, as is Chichester with its fine Cathedral, Festival
Theatre and, of course, its harbour. Close too, is Fishbourne
Roman Palace and the Weald and Downland museum. Goodwood
racecourse and the castle town of Arundel are just minutes away.
- Special packages are offered at Christmas weekends, garden tours, conferences and other events.
- Our new Health Spa includes, superb level deck indoor pool, Roman Spa Bath, Sauna, Turkish steam room, fully equipped gym with
Nautilus equipment, beauty centre with 3 treatment rooms, offering
a wide range of beauty treatments for both men and women.
more information on prices, availability and to book, please