Braemar Castle
Braemar, Aberdeenshire, AB35 5XR Tel / Fax: 013397 41219

An impressive fortress built in 1628 by the Earl of Mar. Attacked and burned in 1689 by the Black Colonel (John Farquharson of Inverey). Repaired by the Government and garrisoned with Hanovarian troops after the Rising of 1745. Later transformed by the Farquharsons of Invercauld who had purchased it as a ruin in 1732, into residence of unusual charm. L-plan Castle of fairy-tale proportions, with central round tower and spiral stair. Barrel vaulted ceilings, massive iron ³yett² and underground prison. Remarkable star-shaped defensive curtain wall. Much valuable furniture, paintings and interesting curios.
(please remember to close window after use)

A word from the management...

A delightful residence, very homely, setting not to be missed!

See picture

1/2 mile from Braemer Village on the A93, Aberdeen to Perth

 

1st April or Easter until End October.

Unsuitable

£2.50 Adult £2 OAPS/ Groups of 10 £2.00 Student Children £1.00 .

 

Please close this window after use by clicking in the corner.

Transfer to: