The Dairy is a cosy but large self-contained flat with a wealth of period features occupying the first floor of a beautifully restored 18th century farm dairy. Situated in the tiny hamlet of East Horrington within an area of outstanding natural beauty, The Dairy is the perfect place to relax. It is only 1_ miles from the centre of the cathedral city of Wells and an ideal base for exploring this unspoilt part of Somerset, within easy reach of Glastonbury, Cheddar, Wookey Hole and Bath.
The Dairy provides light, spacious accommodation with stripped reclaimed pine flooring, exposed beams, antique furnishings, paintings and rugs. It is next door to the owner's magnificent Grade II listed 15th century farmhouse.
Produced by Window into Britain
Accommodation: Large double bedroom (plenty room for cot) furnished with antique pine and bathroom en suite. Pine kitchen with butler sink, washing machine, microwave, electric cooker, fridge. Large living/dining room with colour TV, video, CD player, lovely views across large walled garden. Full central heating.
For booking enquiries/availability, kindly contact: Mrs Fiona Fridd, Manor Farm, East Horrington, Wells, Somerset. BA5 3DP Tel: 01749 679832 Fax: 01749 679849 Mobile: 0374 733702 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do call us if you would like to discuss your holiday arrangements or have any questions. We are here to help you and ensure you really enjoy your stay.
East Horrington is a quiet village with wonderful walks on the doorstep. The city of Wells (market days Wed & Sat) is a great base for visiting many attractions, some of which are listed below:
* Wells Cathedral and Bishop's Palace & moat
* Wookey Hole Caves - magnificent caves, paper mill, old penny arcade,
magic mirror maze and much more!
* Cheddar Gorge and Caves - drive right through the gorge, visit numerous caves, try your hand at caving!
* Glastonbury - The Abbey, Tor & shopping in this town full of magic
* Longleat Safari Park - keep your windows closed!
* Street - Clarks Village: famous brands at factory prices
* East Somerset Steam Railway - take a ride back in time!
* Chewton Cheese Dairy & gardens - see our famous Cheddar cheese being
made and enjoy a cream tea afterwards
* Fleet Air Arm Museum, Yeovilton - hundreds of planes on display
including concorde - a superb exhibition
* Royal Bath & West showground, Shepton Mallet: Venue for year- round
craft, antique fairs, concerts, trade shows etc.
* Brean Leisure Park, Brean Sands (a winner for kids!)
* Sea-Life Centre, Weston-super-Mare
* Rode Bird Gardens, nr Bath - tropical birds from around the world
* Tropiquaria Wildlife Park, Watchet (hold a snake and a tarantula - the
kids love it! And there's a great adventure fort too)
* Bristol Zoo & gardens
* Brunel's SS Great Britain, Bristol harbour